יום רביעי, 6 בפברואר 2013

the fields of Athenry

It is a period of seeking for me, on a multitude of plains, and in such times, inspiration is sometimes hard to get.

At such times, Listening is one of the most powerful tools I know. I have just posted about one of the most inspirational hebrew songs I know, "to see the light", and shortly afterwards it was clear to me that I wish, need, feel, know that I also must listen to the wonderful words of "The Fields of Athenry".

There are several great performances of this song, but I prefer two great versions -

1) The Dubliners' emotional version -


2) Charlie and the Boys' rougher, more of the people's version -

Both present different sides of this song, a great example of Irish poetry, that great and powerful art which tears one's heart and fills it at the same time with endless longing, pain and compassion.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה